Northwest FCS News
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
Northwest Farm Credit Services Awards Nearly $100,000 in Rural Community Grants
Spokane, Wash. - July 22, 2016 – Northwest Farm Credit Services has awarded nearly $100,000 in Rural Community Grants to 63 organizations in its first grant cycle of 2016."
Our mission is to support agriculture and rural communities with reliable, consistent credit and financial services," said Heidi Whitman, Northwest FCS Public Relations and Events Manager. "Through our Rural Community Grant Program, we help fund improvements to local facilities and infrastructure, purchase equipment and facilitate programs in the communities we serve. We are always looking for creative and collaborative opportunities that contribute to the vibrancy of the communities where we and our customer-members live, work and play."
Since the Rural Community Grant Program’s inception in 2007, the company has presented 527 grants totaling more than $1,047,000 to improve the economic and social wellbeing of rural communities within the states of Alaska, Idaho, Montana, Oregon and Washington.
The next rural grant deadline is Oct. 1, 2016. If you think your rural project may be eligible for a grant, visit the Rural Community Grant Program page for more information and an application.
Northwest FCS is a $10.3 billion financial cooperative providing financing and related services to farmers, ranchers, agribusinesses, commercial fishermen, timber producers, rural homeowners and crop insurance customers in Montana, Idaho, Oregon, Washington and Alaska. Northwest FCS is a member of the nationwide Farm Credit System that supports agriculture and rural communities with reliable, consistent credit and financial services. For more information, go to northwestfcs.com.
email@example.com or 509.340.5443
- American Falls (2) – American Falls District Library; County Livestock Committee / Fair Board
- Bruneau – Bruneau Quick Response Unit, Inc.
- Dubois – Clark County High School Student Council
- Gooding (3) – Gooding Restoration for Entertainment, Arts and Theatre; Gooding Volunteer Group; The Gooding Soil Conservation District
- Hayden – Panhandle Back Country Horsemen
- Hazelton – Helping Hands Thrift Store
- Leadore – The Leadore School
- Mackay – Mackay Jr/Sr High School Rodeo Club
- Moore – Moore Community Association
- Nezperce – Lewis County 4-H
- Paul – West Minico Middle School
- Rigby – Jefferson County (Rigby) Fair
- Roberts – City of Roberts
- Rupert – Roman Catholic Diocese of Boise dba St. Nicholas Catholic School
- Saint Anthony – Upper Valley Youth Association
- Shoshone – Lincoln County 4-H Leaders Council
- Soda Springs – Caribou Memorial Hospital Foundation Inc.
- Ucon – City of Ucon
- Big Sandy – Big Sandy Public Schools
- Broadus – Powder River Farm in the Dell
- Conrad – Conrad Volunteer Fire Department
- Dutton – Dutton Brady National Honor Society
- Fort Benton – Memorial Ambulance of Fort Benton, MT
- Havre – Girl Scouts
- Melstone – Melstone Volunteer Fire Departement and Melstone Quick Response Unit, Emergency Medical Services
- Miles City – City of Miles City Public Works Department
- Rudyard – Rudyard Community Commercial Club
- Stanford – Judith Basin County Free Library / Stanford Library Guild
- Terry – Saving Our Pool
- Ulm – Ulm Public Schools
- Albany – Memorial Middle School
- Baker City (2) – Friends of the Baker County Fairgrounds; Medical Springs Rural Fire Protection District
- Haines – Haines Stampede Rodeo Association
- Heppner – Chess Mates
- Imbler – Imbler FFA Chapter
- Ione – Creative Care Preschool
- Jordan Valley – Pleasant Valley School
- Joseph – Chief Joseph Days Rodeo, Inc.
- La Grande – Grande Ronde Academy
- Madras – Gateway Rangeland Fire Protection Association
- Pendleton (2) – Children's Museum of Eastern Oregon; City of Pendleton Parks and Recreation
- Silverton – Silverton Area Seniors Inc. dba Silverton Senior Center
- Sutherlin – Sutherlin Booster Club
- Turner – Cascade High School
- Darrington – North Counties' Family Services
- Dayton – Columbia County Fair Board
- Everson – Cloud Mountain Farm Center
- Harrington – Harrington PTA
- Palouse (2) – Gar-Pal FFA Alumni and Boosters; Palouse Skatepark, Inc.-Tony Kettel Skate Gardens
- Ritzville – Ritzville Grade School
- Rockford – Southeast Spokane County Fair Association
- Sprague (2) – Lincoln County Fire Protection District 1; Sprague Horizons Community
- Toledo – Toledo Community Library
- Waterville – Waterville High School Science Department
- Wenatchee (2) – Packing Friendship; Performing Arts Center of Wenatchee