Lower your interest rate
Young, beginning and small producers may qualify for educational credits by enrolling in the RateWise™ program. The program offers interest rate reductions upon completion of approved learning.
"You don’t have to be a customer to start earning credits. Even if you don’t have a property identified yet, it’s a great idea to sign up and start accumulating credits. It’s much easier to get that done in advance and be prepared when the right property comes up."
YBS Program Manager
How to earn RateWise program credits
- Enroll in the RateWise program.
- Choose a learning opportunity that will help you enhance your operation.
- Earn 1 credit per hour of content for Northwest FCS Business Management Center programs.
- Earn .5 credit per hour of content for other programs, such as university courses or an industry webinar.
- Note: Credit granted for in-person and online courses is the same.
- Submit proof of attendance on the RateWise program website.
- Information submitted through the portal must include course length and date, as well as an agenda or similar course description.
- Customers should allow 7-14 days to process new credit submissions.
Rapid credit accumulation shortly before loan closing is strongly discouraged.
How are interest rate reductions calculated?
- 10 credits: 0.25% interest rate reduction for three years.
- 20 credits: 0.50% interest rate reduction for three years.
- 30 credits: 0.75% interest rate reduction for three years.
Additional benefits and incentives
YBS customers enrolled in the AgVision lending program may also be eligible to receive the following program benefits:
- Less restrictive underwriting standards.
- Competitive interest rates.
- Reduced or waived loan fees.
- Reimbursements for approved technology purchases (up to $1,000) and education (up to $1,000).